Refund and Agreement Policy [v1 06/2020]
Refund and Agreement Policy (General Terms)
General terms apply to all refund eligible Services. In addition, there may be special term(s) that apply to a specific product and/or service and those are outlined below. We have prepared this Refund Policy to explain when you can request a refund with respect to products and services acquired from skytophosting or through us from our partners and/or affiliates (collectively “Services”).
We reserve the right to cancel service at any time. All fees paid in advance of cancellation will be pro-rated and paid by us if we institute our right of cancellation. Any violation of policies which results in extra costs will be billed to the customer (i.e. transfer, space etc.) All of our web hosting plans are backed by a 30 day money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with our services or support within the first 30 days of your contract, you will be given a full refund (Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting) or prorated refund - partial refund (VPS Hosting) of the contract amount including setup fees but excluding overages.
- In no event is the same Service eligible for more than one refund.
- Service(s) must be cancelled before we can issue a refund.
- No refund will be made if your Service(s) are suspended or terminated for cause.
- If purchased Service(s) include free domain name registration as part of a promotion or sale of the Service(s), and you cancel the purchased Service(s), the standard price for the domain name will be deducted from the refund amount. If the refund amount is less than the standard price for the domain, you must either elect to pay the difference or forfeit the domain, in which case, ownership of the domain will revert back to Skytophosting.
- All refunds are processed in U.S. dollars: you, the customer, bear sole responsibility for any fluctuations in the exchange rate(s) between the time of payment and the time of refund.
- Unless you request otherwise, refunds will be credited to your skytophosting account balance. Purchases made by credit card or PayPal may be refundable to the source of payment. Skytophosting.com is not responsible for any additional charges imposed by your credit card company or PayPal in the case of refund.
- Any processing fee(s) will be deducted from a refund.
- Unless this Refund Policy specifically provides for a refund, all fees for Web/Vps Hosting and related Service(s) are non-refundable, in whole or in part, even if your Web/Vps Hosting Service(s) are suspended or terminated prior to the end of your then current contract term.
- Package fees for Shared Hosting, Business Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS hosting, may be refundable, at the sole discretion of Skytophosting, if you, the account holder, cancel within thirty (30) days after purchase. Only first-time Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS hosting accounts are eligible for the 30-day money-back guarantee.
No refunds are available for the following:
- Green Package Plans
- No refunds will be given once the second half of the contract term has begun.
- Any additional features, services or upgrades added to your Web/Vps Hosting package and purchased at additional fee.
- Any fees related to domain name registrations associated with your Web/Vps Hosting package.
- Any renewals of Web/Vps Hosting and related Service(s).
Term of Agreement; Billing & Payment.
a) Term. We are not bound to perform Services until we receive payment from you when you checkout through our web platform (the “Effective Date”). We will begin delivery of the Services on the Effective Date and continue until the date set out on the page describing the Services located at skytophosting.com (“Initial Term”). If the page describing the Services does not contain an Initial Term, the Initial Term shall be one month.
b) AUTOMATIC RENEWAL. The Initial Term will AUTOMATICALLY RENEW for successive periods of equal duration (each a “Renewal Term”). If you wish to discontinue the Services, you need to notify us before automatic renewal for a Renewal Term. You can notify us by: Submitting a cancellation at least one (1) day before the beginning of a Renewal Term through our online cancellation form found or Contacting us at least fifteen (15) days before the beginning of a Renewal Term by sending an email to billing(atme)skytophosting.com (replace “(atme)” with “@”) or contacting us through our customer portal at https://greenclient.skytophosting.com.
Termination for Convenience.
Either party may terminate the Services for convenience upon fifteen (15) days prior by providing written notice to the other. We only accept cancellations through our online cancellation form found at greenclient.skytophosting.com. If you terminate for convenience, you will be responsible for all charges for the duration of the then active Initial or Renewal Term. For details on our Anytime Money Back Guarantee, please read our Refund & Billing Policy. Before cancelling, please contact us and request an escalation of your issue if your cancellation is due to unsatisfactory services or an unsatisfactory answer to a previous issue. If your agreement with us is for a set term, please contact us prior to canceling to determine what your charges will be in connection with the termination. All cancellation requests need to be submitted through our online cancellation form found at greenclient.skytophosting.com.
Skytophosting Hosting Termination. We reserve the right to immediately suspend or cancel the Services without notice:
(a) for a violation of these TOS, including any of our Policies;
(b) for your failure to pay any amounts due,
(c) to prevent a service interruption by an Internet Service Provider or other network services provider, or
(d) to protect the integrity of skytophosting network or the security of the Services.
You are not entitled to notice or protest should we exercise these rights. Upon termination, your account will be closed, data deleted, and all fees and charges due and payable must be paid to us. Once your account is closed, we have no responsibility to: (x) forward email, or other communications or (y) maintain any data backup that predates the termination date. If allowed, you are encouraged to keep the Service active during a transition period should you seek to forward your email or other communications. If we suspend or terminate your use of our Services because you have violated these TOS, including any of our Policies, we will not provide you with a credit.